For emergencies (Fire, EMS, Active Shooter) call 9-911 from any MSM phone or 911 from your cell phone; then call the MSM Public Safety at or 404-752-1794. For all other emergencies or to report suspicious activity call the MSM Public Safety at 404-752-1795 or 404-752-1794. 404-752-1795
You must evacuate the building immediately when the alarm sounds continuously or when notified through the MSM Mass Alert system.
All faculty, staff and students must wear their MSM ID on the upper torso and visible at all times while on the main campus.
No one is allowed to open or hold open a door to any building for anyone not properly displaying an MSM ID except for accepting a personal visitor or visitor to your department.
Working after hours
Employees and Students coming in after hours and on weekends must present their MSM ID, and sign in at the Lee Street gate.
Obeying a lawful order
All faculty, staff, students and visitors must obey the lawful orders of all MSM Public Safety officials.
Weapons are not allowed on any property owned or occupied by Morehouse School of Medicine.
Parking Deck Operations
The MSM Parking Deck is a Pay to Park facility and for the express use of our faculty, staff, students and visitors of Morehouse School of Medicine. “Reserved” spaces are valid 7:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday through Friday (President, Dean and other “titled” spaces are reserved 24/7).
- All vehicles must stop at the gate house unless otherwise directed by Public Safety Staff.
- If you pay for monthly parking access, a valid MSM parking decal must be affixed in your vehicle at all times.
- For after-hours parking access you must present a valid MSM ID and sign in at the gate house.
- Except for certain circumstances, overnight parking is not allowed. Contact Public Safety for additional information.
- MSM parking decals must be properly displayed when entering the parking deck. Violators will have to pay the daily parking rate to enter the parking deck.
- Persons working at off-site facilities must show their MSM ID in order to park in the main campus parking deck.
- The posted speed limit is 5 miles per hour in the deck. Violators will be fined.
- Playing loud music is not allowed in the parking deck.
- Parking in a handicap parking space without properly displaying a valid handicap parking hang tag or license plate is a State of Georgia violation. Violators will be ticketed.
Georgia Hands-Free Law - MSM Summary/Statement
The General Assembly passed House Bill 673 also known as the “Hands-Free Law” and it was signed into law by Governor Nathan Deal. The Hands-Free Law took effect on July 1, 2018 and there is no grace period. A link to the complete law can be found at www.gahighwaysafety.org
As a general rule, employees should not conduct any MSM business while driving (i.e., do not attempt to answer the phone or respond to text messages while driving). If you are a physician or other healthcare provider who must provide information or respond to an emergency, we expect you to use your best judgement with hands-free technology to respond and/or move to a safe environment to complete the appropriate action. The safety of our employees, students, patients, and the community is of primary importance as we implement this law and conduct MSM business.