Dear Online Student!
Welcome to Morehouse School of Medicine. We are excited that you have chosen to further your education through our online learning program. We are committed to our mission by:
- Improving the health and well-being of individuals and communities
- Increasing the diversity of the health professional and scientific workforce
- Addressing primary health care through programs in education, research, and service with emphasis on people of color and the underserved urban and rural populations in Georgia, the nation, and the world.
Furthermore, the Office of Online Education and Expanded Programs is charged with the leadership and coordination of MSM online education programs and courses by providing high-quality learning opportunities that leverage use of various technologies to ensure that students are: 1) prepared for current and emerging careers; 2) empowered to serve community stakeholders; and 3) aware of the factors that impact and promote health equity. The Office advances the MSM mission by extending learning opportunities to students without the restrictions of geographical location or time.
Please review our different program options, and we look forward to serving you through Online Education!
All the Best!
Dr. Angelita Howard
Assistant Dean for Online Education and Expanded Programs
Morehouse School of Medicine
Doctor of Health Administration (DHA)
- 55 credit hours in 36 months
- Practitioner/Scholar Faculty
- 100 % online with only one required residential experience
- Solution-Focused Capstone Project
- No GRE/GMAT required
Online Master of Public Health (eMPH)
- 24 months
- Up to 48 credit hours
- Community health policy and leadership focus
- Only one campus visit
Master of Science in Biotechnology
- 35 credit hours
- Course work done 100% online
- Ranked #1
- One of A Kind Health science capstone practicum; first to teach lean startup methodology
- World-renowned faculty and industry experts
Morehouse School of Medicine’s Medical Cannabis Therapeutics concentration in our
#1 Ranked MS in Biotechnology prepares students to excel in this new and growing marketplace.
With this training, several jobs are waiting for the well-trained as medical cannabis
laboratory scientists, production technicians, brand ambassadors, cultivation technician,
growers, cannabis breeders, and operational business leaders.
Master of Science in Biotechnology - Concentration Medical Cannabis Therapeutics
Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI)
- 14 months- 35 credit hours
- 8-week courses
- Industry expert faculty
- 100 percent online
- Cohort format- start and finish together
- Traditional or Leadership Track
Master of Administration in Justice-Involved Care
- 1-year program with 33 credit hours
- Aimed at reducing recidivism
- 100% online with a virtual practicum and integrated learning experiences
- Practitioner/Scholar Faculty
Making Medicines: The Process of Drug Development Certificate
- Insights into the drug discovery and development process
- 100% online certificate
- Courses are available on demand. Start and finish at your convenience.
- Receive 1 credit hour as a student.
Addressing the complex issues encountered by justice involved individuals, will take
compassionate leaders equipped with the critical skills needed to build pathways of
success. These leaders have a rewarding opportunity to connect with some of the brightest
minds, transforming inability to positive productivity.
A Path Forward: Justice-Involved Care Life Coach Certificate
The Office of Online Education and Expanded Program offers a 5-week summer program
that is built to expose motivated undergraduate juniors and seniors and post baccalaureates
to the health informatics field, biotechnology industry and medical cannabis industries.
Summer Bridge(s) Graduate Pipeline Programs
The Online Education and Expanded Programs Student Spotlight Initiative strives to
recognize the academic & professional success of online students. Each student has
been recommended by faculty, and has displayed excellence in and outside the educational
Student Spotlight Initiative
Questions Regarding Online Education Degree Programs
You don’t have to wait until our monthly Information Sessions to get your questions answered about the eMPH, MSHI, MSBT & certificate programs. Join us twice a week to meet with an OEEP team member who will be happy to address your concerns.
Recurring Open-Door Q&A Sessions via ZOOM.
- Every Monday | 2:00 - 4:00 PM ET
- Every Tuesday | 12:00 - 2:00 PM ET
- Every Wednesday | 6:00 - 8:00 PM ET
- Every Thursday | 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET
No need to RSVP. We look forward to meeting you!