Morehouse School of Medicine 2023 Match Day
Watch the 2023 Broadcast Here!
One of the biggest milestones of all for aspiring physicians, the day when fourth-year medical students across the United States and around the world find out where they will serve their residencies.
The National Resident Matching Program, a private, non-profit organization, was established in 1952 at the request of medical students to provide an orderly and fair mechanism for matching the preferences of applicants for U.S. residency positions with the preferences of residency program directors.
For applicants, the process begins in the fall of the final year of medical school, when they apply to the residency programs of their choice. Throughout the fall and early winter, applicants interview with programs. From mid-January to late February, applicants and program directors rank each other in order of preference and submit the preference lists to NRMP, which processes them using a computerized mathematical algorithm to match applicants with programs.
For Morehouse School of Medicine, Match Day is celebrated widely – more so than many other institutions. Traditionally the day includes family and friends who join with students as they share their stories and their plans for the future with the entire campus.
MSM Match Day Through the Years
- 2022 - Morehouse School of Medicine Match Day
- 2021 - Morehouse School of Medicine Match Day
- 2020 - Morehouse School of Medicine Students Light Up Match Day
- 2019 - Match Day at Morehouse School of Medicine #MSMMatch2019
- 2018 - For 2nd Year in a Row, It's a 100% Match Day for MSM Students | Results
- 2017 - Morehouse School of Medicine Students Match at 100 Percent
- 2016 - Morehouse School of Medicine Students Successfully Match to Needed Primary Care Specialties