- Applicant Resources
- How To Apply
- Salary and Benefits
- Residency Overview
- Current Residents
- Program Highlights
- Residency Staff
- Program Activities and Events
- Program Policy Manual pdf
- Program Curriculum and Training
- Educational Conferences
- Research/PSQI Requirements
- Rotation Schedule
- Training Sites
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the requirements to become a resident in the Family Medicine Residency Program?Please refer to ERAS and the How To Apply section of our website for this information.
- What are your USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 minimum score and maximum attempts requirements?
We review applications holistically, so while we do not have a required score minimum, our preferred USMLE Step 2 score is greater than 245 and preferred maximum number of attempts is 2.
- What are your COMLEX Level 1 and Level 2 minimum score and maximum attempts requirements?
We review applications holistically, so while we do not have a required score minimum, our preferred COMLEX Level 1 score is greater than 525 and our preferred COMLEX Level 2 score is greater than 555 and preferred maximum number of attempts is 2.
- Do you require both Step 1 and Step 2 exams to be granted an interview?
We require a pass on Step 1 to be granted an interview. Both Step 1 and Step 2 CK must be passed for an applicant to be ranked.
- At the time of application, do you require the ECFMG Certificate?
No, we do not.
- Do you require U.S. clinical experience?
Yes. We require a minimum of 1 year U.S. clinical experience.
- How many years post-graduation will you accept applicants?
We interview applicants whose year of graduation is not more than 3 years prior to when they'd start residency.
- Do you accept J1 visa or sponsor H1 visas?
We accept J1 visas. We do not sponsor H1 visas.
- What are your Letter of Recommendation requirements?
Three letters of recommendation are required.
- Will interviews be held on person, virtually, or both?
We will hold interviews virtually.
- Will you be hosting a Second Look?
Yes, the date for this will be announced at a later date.
- When is your application deadline?
Our application deadline is November 30, 2023.
- How can I get verification of training?Send an email to Program Assistant, Niya Loveless, at email@example.com detailing your first and last name while in the Family Medicine Residency program and your year of graduation. If this request is coming from a third party, please also include a current signed release from the program graduate. We are only able to verify program participation for Family Medicine Residency program graduates. Please allow 5 business days to process this request.
- How can I get a copy of my certificate of insurance?Please contact Glenda Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Risk Management office to process this request. You will need to allow 5-10 business days to process this request.
- How can I get a verification of employment?Please contact LaToya Scroggins at email@example.com in the Office of Human Resources to process this request.
- How can I request a slot for observership?
Morehouse School of Medicine Programs do not offer observerships.
- How can I make a request for sub-internships?
Inquiries about Sub-I's are managed by our Undergraduate Medical Education Division. These requests should be made through our Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.