Making Medicines: The Process of Drug Development
A partnership between Morehouse School of Medicine & Eli Lilly and Company
Drug discovery and development is very complex and may take up to 20 years and multiple steps to bring a medicine to patients. The medical expertise and processes that contribute to scientific-based drug development are often unfamiliar to students in science and health-related fields. Based on current research, there exists a need to increase understanding and awareness of the drug discovery and development process.
Making Medicines: The Process of Drug Development is an innovative, eLearning course geared toward students with an interest in health and science fields with an emphasis on gaining knowledge in the area of medical research.
|The course consists of seven chapters that may be viewed in their entirety or custom
selected by topic by the institution.
The seven chapters are:
- Gain deeper insights into the drug discovery and development process
- Understand the regulatory environment under which drugs are developed
- Learn how patient insights inform drug development and clinical trials
- Identify key stakeholders, including healthcare providers, and their contributions to drug development
The learner will experience various elements within each chapter, which may include one or more of the following:
- Case studies to help the learner apply the information presented
- Glossary and reference sections
- Knowledge builders to boost understanding of a specific topic
- Quizzes and chapter tests
- Videos from subject matter experts
Other features include:
- A user-centric design following the core tents of Adult Learning Principles
- Expertise from the FDA and NIH
- On-demand eLearning to provide schedule flexibility for participants
- Interactive technology to engage participants and enhance retention
At the end of the course, participants will receive a grade percentage and will be
asked to complete a course evaluation. The completed evaluation and a course grade
of 70% are required to obtain a Certificate of Completion.
$275.00 for certificate
Student Price: $150.00 (Must show proof of enrollment within the last year)
Courses are available on demand. You can start and finish at your convenience.
For additional information, contact email@example.com
Virtual Open House
To learn more about this course, feel free to attend one of our virtual open house sessions.