MSM-Tuskegee Airmen Global Academy Connect
Mission and Purpose
The MSM-Tuskegee Airmen Global Academy Connect Mentoring Program is a partnership with the Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM), Tuskegee Airmen Global Academy, Atlanta Public Schools, and Atlanta CARES. The employees of Morehouse School of Medicine will provide one-on-one and group mentoring to the 3rd–5th grade students at Tuskegee Airmen Global Academy. Research indicates that mentoring improves attendance, academic achievement, classroom behaviors, life skills and self-efficacy. MSM is committed to providing support in character development, attitudes towards learning and social-emotional learning.
How To: Mentoring at Tuskegee Airmen Global Academy
Thank you for your interest in volunteering your time to help the elementary students at Tuskegee Airmen Global Academy. In order to mentor, please make sure:
1. Attend an in-person mentor training session (schedule below)
2. Complete mentor training online with the steps below:
- Complete online mentor training with Atlanta CARES (through Cornerstone).
- Register as a volunteer with APS (print certificate of completion).
- Upon completion of your Volunteer Child Abuse Training please send a copy of the certificate, copy of your driver’s license, and completed/signed volunteer forms as attachments to Jacqueline Thrash at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mentor Training Schedule:
- Wednesday, October 4, 2017
- 11:30 am -1:30 pm Library E-Lab C144, MEB
- Friday, October 13, 2017
- 9:00 - 11:00 am Library E-Lab C144, MEB
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- 11:30 am - 1:30 pm Library E-Lab C144, MEB