Stephanie Miles-Richardson, D.V.M., Ph.D.
Community Health & Preventive Medicine
Associate Dean, Graduate Education in Public Health and Director, Master of Public Health Program
Location: National Center for Primary Care 346
Phone: (404) 752-1905
National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences Fellow
Michigan State University
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy in Pathology/Environmental Toxicology
Degree: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Grambling State University
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Environmental health and justice
- Social determinants of health
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Public Health Association
- Jordan, Chekesha M, Stephanie Miles-Richardson, Reinetta Waldrop, and Gemechu Gerbi (2020). Determinants of Health Information Seeking Behaviors among Persons with Cancer Aged 18 Years and Older in the United States. ARC Journal of Public Health and Community Medicine. 2020; 5(1): 8-14.
- Gemechu B. Gerbi and Stephanie Miles-Richardson (2019). Predictors of not always Using Seatbelts among Adults in the United States: Findings from the 2016 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. ARC Journal of Public Health and Community Medicine. 2019; 4(1): 29-36.
- Hall, M., Ofili, E., Lapu-Bula, R., Alema-Mensah, E., Miles-Richardson, S. (2019) Living Arrangement: a Contributor to Vascular Disease in Asymptomatic African American Women. Journal of the Georgia Public Health Association, 7(2). http://dx.doi.org/10.20429/jgpha.2019.070220
- Gemechu B. Gerbi, Hilton Mozee, Elaine Archie-Booker, Mechelle D. Claridy, Stephanie Miles-Richardson (2018). The Prevalence of Adverse Childhood Experiences and their Associations with Engagement in Risky Behaviors for HIV Infection among Adults in the United States. ARC Journal of Public Health and Community Medicine. 2018; 3(3): 36-44.
- Gerbi G, Ivory S, Archie-Booker E, Claridy M, Miles-Richardson S. (2018) Factors associated with depression among cancer survivors aged 18 years and over in the United States. Psyco-oncology. Aug;27(8):2039-2044. doi: 10.1002/pon.4770.
Honors and Awards
- 2019: President, Council on Education for Public Health
- 2018: President, Association of Accredited Public Health Programs
- 2018: Hidden Figures Award, Williams Forum for Diabetes Education and Healthcare
- 2017: Delta Sigma Theta, Atlanta Alumnae Chapter Torch Award
- 2016: American Veterinary Epidemiology Society, Honorary Diploma
Faculty Interview: The Local Take Talks Public Health in a Pandemic with Morehouse School of Medicine
WCLK 91.9 – April 4, 2020
Faculty Interview: Gym Stays Open in Johns Creek Amid Coronavirus Concerns (Video)
CBS46 – March 31, 2020
Faculty Interview: Why Coronavirus Presents A Unique Challenge For African Americans
BET News – March 16, 2020
Faculty Interview: How the Coronavirus is Affecting the Black Community (Video)
BET News – March 16, 2020
Faculty Interview: No, Keri Hilson, 5G Did Not Cause Coronavirus
Huffington Post – March 16, 2020
Faculty Interview: Morehouse Medicine expert talks about keeping COVID 19 from spreading (Video)
CBS46 – March 12, 2020