Office of Disability Services
The mission of the Office of Disability Services (ODS) is to provide individuals with disabilities equal opportunities and equal access to academic programs, employment and activities at Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM). ODS is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive environment for all members of the community.
Accommodations are provided to prospective students, current students, job applicants and employees with documented disabilities so that individuals are viewed according to their abilities rather than their disabilities. Our philosophy is one that promotes self-advocacy for individuals with disabilities, and our goal is for each person to maximize his/her potential in meeting individual, career and life objectives.
It is the policy and practice of MSM to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, "Section 504" of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and state and local requirements regarding individuals with disabilities. Under these laws, no qualified individual shall be denied access to or participation in events, programs or services at the School. Through outreach and education, our office will promote access and awareness to all members of our MSM community.
All students are required to self-identify and complete the registration process in its entirety.
Students requesting accommodations should review the Request for Accommodations Registration Packet and submit all required documents to the Office of Disability Services.
Select the Documentation Guidelines that best fits your needs:
- Learning Disability Documentation Guidelines
- AD/HD Documentation Guidelines
- Psychological Disability Documentation Guidelines
- Medical and Physical Disability Documentation Guidelines
The Office of Disability Services (ODS) has been designated to coordinate employee requests for workplace accommodations. A person with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting the ODS. Employees requesting a reasonable accommodation are expected to work cooperatively with MSM throughout the accommodation process.
Determination of whether an employee is a qualified person with a disability and whether a requested accommodation or any other accommodation is reasonable will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Employees requesting accommodations should review the Faculty/Staff Request for Accommodations Registration Packet and submit all required documentation to ODS.
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Center for the Visually Impaired
- Georgia Council for the Hearing Impaired (GACHI)
- Georgia Department of Labor Rehabilitation Services
- Georgia Relay Service
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Post-Secondary Education: Know your Right and Responsibilities
For additional information and forms, please contact our office.
Monday – Friday
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Leave of Absence Specialist
Phone: (470) 670-6955
Fax: (404) 752-1639
Human Resources—Office of Disability Services
Morehouse School of Medicine
720 Westview Drive SW
Harris Building, Room 132
Atlanta, GA 30310